kicking it old skool

random bursts of useless information

Subscribe
March 17, 2010

Detox day 10:

Posted by G-force

I was running a tad late for work this morning so I only had 2 bananas and skipped the lemon water.


For lunch I decided to spice up the salad idea a bit and added some fat chillies, little mini-corns and cooked beetroot. Beetroot is a helluva thing, since cooked it’s really sweet and adds a lot of nice flavour to what would have been a boring salad. So I made a whole plate of the stuff and I was well satiated till late the afternoon. I reckon If I can keep eating this much in one go it will go a long way to sustaining a workable diet.



Before my session this evening, Morne mentioned that there is this dude. This photography dude, to be precise, that setup what he calls a “mobile studio” in one of the empty spaces just up the road from the flat. What it is, is that over the last few years this photographer, Jason Wilde sets up these temporary photo shoots for 3 days at a time all over the country and invites people to just walk in and have photos taken for free. The idea is to document a wide variety of everyday folk and from this body of work he publishes a book.



The “theme” so to speak is to just stand there, no smiles, and in any pose you like. They pop about 9 shots of various, no smile poses and then the last 3 you can do whatever you like. These will then be sent to you free of charge as a black and white print, as thanks for you time. Pretty cool, huh?



Since I had time to kill till my session, I poked my head in and had a few shots taken. The gallery they had setup was quite cool to see also. I could see what he meant, by when people don’t smile; you get a peek at their true character. And boy, there where some funky characters mingled with every day folk. Even a few pirates…



The session went well and I took the opportunity to ask about the foods that where not included on the approved list. I’m happy to report that it seems to have been nothing but an oversight! Which is great, since it means there are a few things in there I’d rather eat. Even though I intend to finish up this week, I’ve been thinking on how I can integrate some of the learnings (god, talk about management speak!) into “normal” life. I’ve thought about this and you know, the diet isn’t all that bad. It’s more the idea of not being able to eat a solid lunch that gets me down. I was never a huge salad fan (Annelie is always very surprised when I do eat it) and I miss my little vices, such as coffee, cheese and bread. But fruit for breakfast? Yeah, I can do that. Maybe mix it up with cereal through out the week. And the dinner dishes are generally very nice, but I would like I mentioned before add a bit more spice to things. I also miss baking stuff, like pies or confectionery.



Again, Annelie and I are already IMHO at the top range of eating well and healthy. It wouldn’t take much to tweak our existing habits.



So this evening it was going to be spinach surprise or something like that but I opted we have the baked potato with ratatouille again. So close to being a nice dish, I would sprinkle some mild smoked paprika over there and a small dash of salt.



PS: Sea Salt, I discovered in my Google quest, is alkaline… but that doesn’t mean you should chow down too much of it. All the usual rules apply, with regards to RDA’s etc.


Weight loss wise, it is clearly working, and the machine has given me some banging new abs! Annelie seems to approve too...

And, I can feel the detox working. It’s gross, but here goes: I can “smell” myself. What I mean is that I’m sweating out some truly vile reeking stuff… smells like I’ve been clubbing all night. Eueew. Also breaking out in spots here and there, and I KNOW it’s not from eating fatty foods, drinking coffee, scoffing chocolate and the like. So clearly, there is evidence of some funk getting evicted.



And on that bright note, I bid good night!



[G, out]



You gotta gitup an dance!

0 comments: