kicking it old skool

random bursts of useless information

Subscribe
March 20, 2010

Detox day 13: HCR

Posted by G-force

Wow, what a long day!! I’m making this a quick one, since I’m knackered from being on my feet for hours on end. Annelie and I headed to the seminar; I got a nice sexy press pass and settled in. I first did a recon of the area and the auditorium and was shocked at how bad the lighting was! Tracked down the “sound guy” and he plugged in some sexy stage lights for both me and the videographers. Win!


The event itself was a great success, very interesting guest speakers from business and education. There where moments that I had to choke back a few tears… heck I wanted to hop on a plane and head home right there and then.


I think I managed to put a few good pics in the can and time and post processing will tell. I had to shoot at ridiculous ISO, but hey, at least I got the shots.


Eating wise we planned for the day quite well: apples, bananas, soup, almonds and we never went hungry. But MAN, was there foot long boerewors rolls (egte WORS!) they had on offer not tempting! My god, this is torture…


Adding boerewors to the list of stuff I’m going to gorge on come Easter weekend.


Other delights where Wilson toffees and those white Easter eggs, with the chocolate in the middle you can’t seem to find anywhere else than in S.A. We bought 4 boxes… for safe keeping, of course.


Ok, off to bed. Tomorrow is a big day. I’m going to meet the 2010 sports ambassador after all.


[G, out]


Such lovely sausage.

0 comments: