kicking it old skool

random bursts of useless information

Subscribe
March 21, 2010

Detox day 14: HCR Duex

Posted by G-force

Sunday, at last! Annelie joined me again at the HCR, as opposed to running a marathon which she was signed up to do. She decided to attend the event instead since there was a lot of access to some very influential and knowledgeable people here and she wouldn’t want to miss her chance to ask some pressing questions.


There where only two talks, a lively open panel discussion and then of course Aaron Mokoena’s inspirational talk. What a gentlemen he is! Not sure where he got the fantastic suit he was wearing but I need the number of his tailor. He worked the room with grace and I’m happy to say he is very photogenic. It was also kind of cool being “the press” that had full access to him and follow him around snapping pictures, vuvuzela’s in full blare all round. I had to be careful not to trip over everyone else, no less than 5 other very expensive video cameras and attached crews. And having Annelie there was very cool, she could help me out with a few off camera lighting shots and generally just be around for some chat.



Before we leave I manage to at least get an autograph and a few business cards. I’ve already been recommended and signed up for a shoot for Sappi’s event in May, at the Hilton in Piccadilly. I’m hoping to secure a few more shoots off the back of that.



Food wise, same as yesterday. Same boring chow, same temptations!



Got home and feeling properly shattered. We jumped straight into making dinner so that we can kick back and relax and I can get to photo editing a storm through a couple thousand pics.



Overall, I feel quite happy with my performance and made some good contacts. I’m going to sleep like a baby tonight.



[G, out]



Rock and roll

0 comments: