kicking it old skool

random bursts of useless information

Subscribe
March 24, 2010

Detox day 17: Jedi Focus

Posted by G-force

Slept quite well, I think my energy levels are optimal at the moment. Had my glass-o-juice and knocked back my favourite tropical fruit (banana) before heading off the work. They have some sort of fire alert at Canary Wharf, so it was PACKED but got to work eventually…


Lunch was my custom soup with a little too much green chilli. But the burn kept my stomach from demanding more food later in the day. I filled the rest of the afternoon with a few almonds. It’s the final stretch for this week, I can’t wait to eat meat again!

Dinner was roast potatoes (ala-Annelie and I think I like her roast potatoes better than mine!). They where quite fantastic, the key was that she took my suggestion of brushing the potatoes with a little olive oil and then crushing garlic and thyme together (just with the palm of your hand) and chucking it all in the oven. She also made “chips” from the skins, again adding some thyme and garlic, which adds remarkable flavour. This all went very well with the roast veggies (aka lazy mans dinner).


She was feeling better from this morning; her neck seems to have loosened up a bit. She went for a “body talk” session (I don’t know the exact name of it) and mentioned that quite a few “stuff” came out and she now felt “lighter”. Hey man, I’m just stoked she felt better!


Played some more Drakes Fortune 2 tonight and I are(sic) really digging it. My thoughts on the PS3 so far is that is feels more “grown up”, from the menu to the controller, everything feels more evolved somehow. You cannot argue to intense graphics of the game in question, and the voice acting and expressions are absolutely fantastic. I have to keep reminding myself I’m actually playing a video game. Incredible.


Oh, and we have been invited to Verbier to stay at one of Annelie’s client’s chalets for a week. So we are scrambling around to get the flights, shengens and some clothes together (Switzerland is like, frozen and stuff this time of year). I look forward to getting my ski on, even though from past water-ski experience I know that I suck the big fat one. Meh, whatever. Should be good for pictures and a laugh.


[G, out]


Taking my time

0 comments: