kicking it old skool

random bursts of useless information

Subscribe
March 30, 2010

Detox day 23: Tricky Tuesday

Posted by G-force

Heh, yeah, I’m into alliteration this week. Lamo, I know…


First words Annelie spoke to me this morning were “baby, I’m sick”. Not ideal, I know her throat has been scratching and she had mild sniffles, but now it’s full blown. Crappy timing really, considering we’ve signed up for the Great Big Eat of April 2010 (not to be confused with the Great Big Eat of Xmas 1999, and subsequent xmas’ss(s) )


It’s lamb cutlets tonight. I marinated them in a mix of rosemary, thyme, garlic and olive oil and stuck them in the fridge last night already. I have said this before, but there are a few recipes on this list of stuff we can eat that I will absolutely carry over to our “normal” eating habits. This is one of them! They are truly delicious when prepared this way. Pity lamb is so expensive here though. We have a very nice butcher just across the road, which works out better. But per KG it’s still very expensive, which is weird since I’d expect that kind of meat to be much cheaper here in England.


Annelie was out working at an event so I pretty much had the place to myself. I was suffering from a weird headache though; I think it was a digital-hangover. It happens whenever I gorge on news and useless info through out the day, coupled with the strangely non-people centric lighting they have at the office. My eyes go “fuzzy” and I think what happens is my brain tries to compensate and focus regardless, which makes my head feel like a railway spike was driven through it. All the lights on the dashboard go on, but I choose to ignore it and “feed” on some more useless interweb crap (and work, of course. Work is pretty useless too…)


I counter this sometimes by unplugging on the way home. That means no reading, no iPod, no anything. Just calming down and clearing my head, defragging as it were. It helped a little bit, but late this evening I paid for the day’s over-indulgence with a mean hangover.


The delicious lamb chops made the world a better place though :)


[G, out]


Negative sir, I am full joy!

0 comments: