kicking it old skool

random bursts of useless information

Subscribe
April 02, 2010

Detox day 26: 27...28!

Posted by G-force

Friday is here, at long last :). We slept in till around noon, woke up, had our fruits and warm lemon juice water while cleaning the flat and basically willing time away till we could have our final treatment at 16:30. Because afterwards, we were planning on giving “Good Friday” a WHOLE new definition!!


It was quite chilled, the city not it’s usual buzzing self since most of the rabble were out of town, so we took our time getting to Morne’s place. Our treatment went very well and we had our final measurements and scans done. After that, we shot out of there like we where on rails and headed to our favourite pizzeria place, La Porchetta (again, strangely appropriate. We had our pig-out hats on…)


On the menu was a very tall glass of ice cold coke, some champagne with cordial in it and 2 large, freshly made Calzone’s with extra pineapple. For the most part, the meal was had in silence, punctuated with “mmmm, mhow mhy goawd” (phonetic spelling, cus our mouths were full) and other, random moans of delight. It was spiritual and shit.


Once I got over the orgy going on in my mouth, I started to notice a few choice other things. For a start, my tongue went practically numb! This was from the salt content in the pepperoni and more so in the pizza dough. I was also astonished how much flavour I could discern: even the taste of the mozzarella, traditionally a very bland, tasteless cheese (and one I don’t care for, because of it). But not this time; I could taste the subtle texture and creaminess of it. I mentioned this to Annelie, who knowingly bobbed her head (again, mouth full of grub) eventually saying that that’s exactly how she always experiences food. I remember her saying many times how something is too salty or over spiced. It also explains her aversion to strong chillis. So I was a little disappointed and delighted at the same time.


Once we got home we tucked into the 1KG Easter bunnies that have been mocking us for the last few days. It took about 5 minutes just to soften the chocolate enough to get a grip on them! We looked like new born bunnies suckling on teats…


The rest of the day was spent chilling, watching flicks / TV (YES! I finally managed to wrestle Tversity into submission, and now all forms of media format is my bitch) and planning our eating schedule. Ribs, on list, check. Pizza, already checked. Dim sum, oh yeah! Drinking, better believe it! Bacon? Phewft! Silly question…


Once the euphoria settles down, I’ll update with my thoughts about this entire detox exercise. I have a few things I’d like to put down.


[G, out]


No place I’d rather be

0 comments: